Saturday, November 17, 2007

Waiting Game

It just hit me that the title of this blog applies to more than the one thing going on in my life right now. I originally was thinking in terms of hearing back from Ray's company. I had my second interview last Thursday and haven't heard back. Wrote an email to my recruiter last Friday, but haven't heard back from her. And to be even more of a pest, I called her this past Wednesday trying to find out status, etc. Had to leave a voice mail. :( Ray's been asking around, but hasn't heard anything except that it took someone's roommate 4 weeks before she heard anything. And with Turkey Day weekend coming up...well, it could be awhile.

So, the days are quickly ticking down to Ray's Ecuador trip. You can go to his blog to find out exactly how much time is left to go before he departs...he has a ticker on his blog. I know this is something he really wants to do and he has trained really hard for this trip, BUT...I'm still nervous about him going. But also excited for him. :) I just hope he'll be able to call or email me somehow from Ecuador. We don't know if his cell phone will work (or how much that's going to cost). Maybe I'll call T-Mobile next week to find out the deelio on that.

Hoping for my first unemployment check to arrive sometime next week. It won't be much, but at least it will be something. I don't feel like I've really been "hitting the pavement" that hard yet. I've applied for a few jobs online and will apply for more next week. And I have a contact from a temp agency that I'm going to send my resume to next week. She was really cool to work with when I got a temp in the Ostrich Man's office. Hoping she does Direct Hire, but assuming she does Temp-to-Hire. I'm sure she could hook me up with a temp job too. And...my BIL might be hookin' me up with some internet research. ;)

That's all for now...just hangin' around...waiting...

No comments: