Thursday, December 6, 2007

Coming Together

"I love it when a plan comes together..." Anyone know who said that? I'm embarrassed to say...but it was Hannibal from the TV show "The A-Team." Aw...come on! It was the 80's! How about "MacGyver?" Now that show was good! Where else could you learn to use a stick of chewing gum to hold a one ton piece of metal to a piece of wood? ;p OK, OK...back to the present!

I've been busy not working! Got lots of things finally coming together. (For those of you following the travels of my Ecuadorian Mountaineering Man...you know I've been keeping up with that too.) I think I remarked last time (or meant to) about not realizing how much time it takes to apply for a job. So, I met with some great peeps at Adecco yesterday. I had a contact person there already from when I hired a temp for Ostrich Man's office. And we got along well. We especially bonded well when his bill was not paid...surprise, surprise. Anywho...I sent her my resume and asked her what she could do for me. Filled out an online app and met with them yesterday. It was nice to finally put a face with the cool person I've been dealing with. So, I met with one of her coordinators and he already had a possible job lead for me. It's temp to hire, but hey...it's a job. Sounds like a lot of coordinating , which I feel I'm pretty good at. I might have an interview with the company next week.

I also applied for a bunch of jobs online this week. I applied to Home Depot, Costco, a telecommuting Google gig (which would be WAY cool to work from home and get paid for it!) and an English tutoring job.

Why the Depot? Welll....after I dropped Ray off at the airport, I went to Home Depot. I came up with this project for myself while he's gone. I was going to work on painting the second bath. This bathroom has wallpaper all over it...CEILING included. And it's like this blue and gold tribal lookin' stuff. ICK! But...why the CEILING?? Oh, so while I was walking around the Depot looking at paint samples, it seemed like it'd be a cool place to work. I've got a couple DIY projects under my belt. You get to wear comfortable clothes all the time. Help people find stuff for their projects...seems like fun.

The bathroom project...to remove the wallpaper or paint over it? That be the question. I hemmed and hawed, evaluated the condition of the wallpaper and decided to remove it. It's the "right" thing to do. I got out the perforator tool (damn good thing ray and i were still able to text while i was gathering supplies!), scored the wall, applied the Baracuda stuff I got at the Depot and voila...the first layer came off great! But the backing was not coming off so easy. ARGH!! I could tell this was going to just SUCK! So, after working on it for almost three hours and getting really nowhere fast, I decided to outsource. I found a guy on Craigslist. He came out to look at it Tuesday night, told me he'd charge me $100 bucks to remove it, and here he is today...removing the wallpaper! Yahoo! He had me at "100 dollars..."

I'm getting closer and closer to being rid of Ostrich Man once and for all. Although, this is AFTER having a direct deposit posted to my account and then the next day it got reversed out. What a frickin' loser! Couldn't even get his shit together enough to make sure that an ex-employee's pay wasn't paid. One last thing to be confirmed with unemployment and then I think I (we) can finally be rid of Ostrich Man. I do feel less stressed in general knowing I don't have to go to work for a completely inept person. I think this will completely go away once I have a job.

I think things are s-l-o-w-l-y coming together. I just need to breathe a bit more and not stress so much...

1 comment:

The Ray said...

You friggin rock so much in so many different ways!!!!!